Thursday, April 17, 2014

day 17: Love and Strange Horses - Intima', by Nathalie Handal

My life is so strange. Today I had a little poster-making-party sitting at my work desk, nodding my head along to Maroon 5 and writing the introduction to my “Regulatory Influence of Mg on P2X2/6 Receptors” poster. There are so many things I have learned in the past few months that I never imagined would be part of my life; learning that pop rock assists my concentration abilities is on that list.

Moving on to Nathalie Handal. This poem from Love and Strange Horses is broken into 9 sections, numbered from 0 to 8 in arabic numerals. I chose to read them in Arabic - hopefully no native Arabic speaker ever stumbles across my blog, I’m sure that my accent is terrible. ;) For those listening, this is what you will hear:


 


sifr (zero)
wahid (one)
tnein (two)
tlati (three)
arbah (four)
hamza (five)
seté (six)
sebah (seven)
tamani (eight)

Also, I should note that Intima' is an Arabic word that means belonging.

No comments:

Post a Comment