Saturday, November 9, 2013

it never ceases to amaze me

how much better I feel about life after I clean up my living space.

dishes. two loads of laundry. cleaned the bathroom. swept the floor. (the amount of hair that I shed each week never ceases to repulse me). clean sheets, folded the laundry. made real food for supper.

now it's writing time, I think! hooray. 

and maybe time to listen to the third period of the Blackhawks game online. which, here's my thought process for which NHL team I should be a fan of: I'm from southeastern pennsylvania, but let's be real, no one likes philly. my dad is on record as saying, "can't we just give Philly to New Jersey?" (which did make me think of Infinite Jest, yes, and the near-future dystopian US government forcibly handing over part of New England to Canada. but I digress). aaanyway. Philly teams generally are terrible and/or heart-breaky [although I admit, I've been stockholmed into caring about the Eagles - it's nearly impossible to escape WSMC unscathed in that regard, haha] and the Flyers seem to be no exception. I started watching hockey games during the playoffs last year when the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, and they have this guy, not to mention the best PR people ever. (Yes, I clearly have too much time on my hands right now). So I think I'm just going to call myself a Blackhawks fan, and continue to amuse and befuddle my friends who still can't figure out why I care about hockey at all.

***

Some pictures from my walk in the McCrillis gardens today:







1 comment: