Tuesday, November 5, 2013

i'm feeling witty

and hopeful. got an email today about an NIH book club from a post-bac in the NIMH. I responded! maybe I will make a friend! haha.


why witty, you ask? well, the email was funny [Are you a closeted reader? Do you cringe when people ask you what you did Saturday night because you realize you huddled in a blue polyester beanbag in the corner of your apartment next to the only good reading lamp and pored over Aurelius's Meditations (or some similarly nerdy book) and have to explain this fact in a way that doesn't seem pathetic (WHICH IT ISN'T!)?] and said something about a character from Infinite Jest, and when I replied, I changed the subject line to 'you had me at Hal Incandenza.'

what can I say. it's the little things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment