Saturday, November 23, 2013

a sort of fall-cleaning

I spent an hour today organizing the bookmarks folder on my laptop. A smattering of what I re-discovered:

on fitzgerald
a beautiful blog
raymond carver
on missions
a feminist analysis of rand paul
exposing sexism
gluten-free chocolate cake
syrian civil war reaches maaloula
congress is actually getting dumber
why we should support basic science research
on arguing
the case against high school sports
kim jong-il's sushi chef
a nuanced view of GM food
on systemic evil
on mountain top removal
on racism
why I love wendell berry
DFW breaks my heart
I had this guy as a professor
NSA pickup lines
how to create a letter postage scale
llama font
how a sewing machine works
the frog that didn't quite make it into space


The Housemate & I were talking recently about missing our Friday Night Dinner conversations from the past two years. That dinner group lead to so many interesting thoughts and conversations. But I said something about how my internal life has still been feeling really interesting to me, recently...I think it is possible to cultivate interesting thoughts just by being curious in all kinds of things. Like, for instance, the above links.

No comments:

Post a Comment