Saturday, November 16, 2013

i'm not exactly sure why,

but this story keeps going through my head and making me grin, so I thought I'd share it.

When I was in Hburg for the pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving, we played a game of fishbowl. In the 'taboo' round, where you have to get people to guess the word by describing it, whoever's turn it was said, "That thing Emily is afraid of."

And instantaneously, there were three things shouted out:

"Crumbs!"

"Spiders!"

"Car crashes!"

My friends know me so well. :)



In other news, I am:

learning fingerpicking
teaching myself the tab for 'Frail' by jars of clay
reading a lot of poetry
making tiny bits of progress at work
(interspersed with repair work at work - I'm getting quite handy with a screwdriver)

2 comments:

  1. Which one was the right answer? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for the round: car crash. but I'm afraid of all three. well - more like "existential anxiety" about crumbs.

      Delete