Wednesday, October 7, 2009

grrrr.

I slept outside on Discipleship Hill last night, in solidarity with refugees around the world. It was pretty sweet...walking up the hill in the dark, dragging blankets and sleeping bags, not knowing exactly where we were going felt like a sort of pilgrimage. When we arrived, we sang the hymn I posted on my blog a few days ago and also a hymn that I learned at convention. It was so beautiful outside...I wanted to keep my glasses on so I could see everything.

I decided that sleeping outside, especially when you are sleeping outside for a specific purpose, is a sort of communion with humanity. I felt very happy.

Then it started to rain. So we left.... It was about 5:15 in the morning, and when I got back to my room I got back in my bunk, thinking about how ridiculous it is that I have like 18 square feet of mattress to lay on that is raised above the floor in an area where there aren't even rats.

But I still managed to fall asleep again, which is the reason I'm annoyed. I didn't sleep well outside; I woke up at least four times in about five hours. So I slept REALLY deeply, waking up part way at 9:00 and then falling asleep again. Guess when I woke up again? Five minutes after my chem class had started.

>:( grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment