Saturday, October 3, 2009

Community - Menno and otherwise

today i volunteered at the Virginia MCC Relief Sale...
lets just say that 6:00 is WAY too early to get up when you only fell asleep at 2:00 that morning. Ha.
But still. It was like a taste of home - essentially Lancaster Menno culture, sans the shoofly pie. Interestingly, I saw my supervisor from VMRC and the lady from admissions who helps run Royals Society.
Then we [Amanda, Meg, and I] stopped by the farmer's market on the way back. I saw one of my professors there! :D And I learned about this really sweet urban farm that is looking for volunteers. I think that Walking Disciples might do stuff there this spring.

Now I'm in my room, torn between taking a nap and going outside to enjoy this day which is absolutely breathtaking.

P.S. I was on facebook and came across this on my news feed:
Jonathan Nyce thinks marriage is a wicked sweet thing to aspire to.

I had a moment of internally shouting with laughter. Man. I love the community here. :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment