Saturday, September 5, 2009

first foray into other cultures

Today at lunch I sat down with a table of girls that I sort of knew, but not really. More people kept joining us, and by the time I was done eating, there were six other people and ALL of them had traveled internationally. Amanda had lived in India for a year, Claire did an internship-thing in South Africa and taught English for a summer in India, and the other girls had traveled everywhere from Costa Rica to South Korea. :O

Yesterday we had a picnic for supper and I sat with Thia in a circle of students from South Korea. It felt sort of like the time I went to the Korean church in Pittsburg - awkward and a little weird, but super cool at the same time. Kelly and Jenna live on the third floor of Maplewood with me, and one of the Isaacs lives on the second floor. All four of them are friendly and speak English amazingly well. They said that they love EMU. :)

On Wednesday I am going to go to chapel and hear about the bike trip to Paraguay for the Mennonite World Conference. Although I don't know the students who will be presenting, I'm sure I will be amazed and blessed by what they have to say.


All this to say - I feel incredibly multi-cultural!

No comments:

Post a Comment