Friday, March 11, 2011

the galilee

this past week i have been trekking through the northern part of israel - around the sea of galilee, north to caesarea-philippi, and east to the golan heights.

at this point of the trip i am just like: wait. wait wait wait. what? i'm seeing the sea of galilee? and then it becomes AHHHH WHAT I'M SWIMMING IN IT?!?

the AHHHH is both because it is awesome and because it is cold.

in reading Linford's book Sailing Acts I learned that the man who normally teaches this class at JUC, Dr. Paul Wright, has a saying: in order to understand the Bible, you must read it with your feet. We have a different instructer this year, so I haven't heard those exact words, but I definitely believe they are true. My understanding of scripture and who Jesus is, the why of it all (why in Galilee? why fishermen disciples? why Israel at all?) ... all of these things are becoming clearer.

I have a test tomorrow, so I should probably sleep. :) Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. it's weird to think that I'm learning/studying about the places you're physically at! miss you hon and hope you are (if able) taking pics to go with the stories I expect to hear upond your return.

    ReplyDelete