Thursday, November 5, 2009

My cup is full-

The wonder is...that there is beauty at all, grace gratuitous, pennies found...

This, then, is the extravagant landscape of the world, given, given with pizzazz, given in good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over.

------------

Those sentances are from Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, the book I got from Gift and Thrift for $0.95.
I've developed another theory of wealth. It is not new, but it has new pertinence for me right now.

This is my wealth:
A really good book. Inviting friends to my dorm room. Listening to Jon play guitar. My african violet. Learning how to see. Learning how to be. Laughing. Talking to Meg on a Thursday afternoon. Listening to the Hershbergers singing on the cd Edna burned for me. Folding paper cranes. Writing in my journal. Playing Catch Phrase. Learning new words: Theophany! Teleological! Ex nihilo! Eschatology! Planning pancake breakfasts with my roommate. Sleeping in late on Wednesday mornings. Finding out that life is a gift.

This is my wealth:
Knowing that my life is a gift. Given, given with pizzazz, given in good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over.

For really:
Can I ask for anything more than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment