Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Favorite Song

My new favorite song is [gasp, NOT by Jars of Clay] a song by my mom's cousin Keith. Its called A Beautiful World.

After the 8 or 9th time listening to it tonight I sort of lost track...
If you have a copy of his cd Permanance and Motion you should definitely listen to this song right now. For the rest of my readers I have carefully listened to the song many times and transcribed it below. :) All mistakes are mine. All awesome lyrics belong to Keith Hershberger. [particularly awesome is: Don't get me wrong, I'm not falling for you - I'm just falling in love with my life.] :) :) :)

Driving into Pittsburgh
From the country at night
Watching the stars disappear into city lights
And I'm sitting shotgun
Priscilla's at the wheel
Tell me now what you're thinking
Tell me now can you feel

Can you feel...
Feel the magic in moments like this
The glow of a good conversation,
The pause before a kiss
The hour after sunset when the sun still lights up the sky
A car and a road and a full tank of gas
And a good friend by your side

Its a beautiful moment
I'm watching you drive
Don't get me wrong, I'm not falling for you -
I'm just falling in love with my life.
And you're here in it
And you're a beautiful girl
And this a beautiful life
And this is a beautiful world

And I know there's magic in moments like this
The taste of a good cup of coffee
The pause before a kiss
The hour after sunset when the sun still lights up the sky
A car and a road and a full tank of gas
And a good friend by your side

[guitar...]

I feel the magic in moments like this
The glow of a good conversation
The pause before a kiss
The hour after sunset when the sun still lights up the sky
A car and a road and full tank of gas
And a good friend by your side

Driving into Pittsburgh
North on 79
Watching stars and passing cars
And falling in love with my life
It's a beautiful feeling
And you're a beautiful girl
And this a beautiful life
And this is a beautiful world.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Em:

    Great choice! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Keith had just released that disc a few months before I moved to Pittsburgh and met Jess. We've listened to it A LOT over the years, but especially in those early days in her apartment.

    And, do you have his newer CD "The Light Comes"? It's excellent. And the title track has become my new favorite Keith song.

    Do we get to see you on Thanksgiving? Can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D that's so awesome! i have had this cd for a LONG time and never listened to it...now i'm making all my EMU friends listen to it and they all love it.

    i don't have the new CD. i guess i will have to get my hands on it somehow, haha.

    And YES YES YES YES I will be home for Thanksgiving! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete