Sunday, October 30, 2011

question from church

i haven't been to the early church recently because first my bike tire was flat, then i went to PA for the weekend, then i slept in, then it was fall break. but i went today and after the service we circled around the room and joined hands and each person said something they were grateful for. a man standing near me asked if i was new and i laughed and said that i am an occasional attender of the early church. he smiled at me and asked, did you find what you were looking for this morning? 

and right then was when the grateful-circle started, so i just smiled back at him and nodded, but his question kept banging around in my head all during lunch and my bike ride home. what was i looking for this morning? do i even know? how will i know when i find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment