Tuesday, April 12, 2011

last update from Israel

It is currently 9:50 pm here in Nazareth and I am about ready to get into bed. In three and a half hours I will be waking up to carry all my stuff to a bus that will take us to Tel Aviv and the airport. In about 11 hours I will be in Greece! Tomorrow I will get to walk through Athens!

Today I worked again at Nazareth village, helping to prepare a "first century meal" for some visiting tourists. Afterwords I walked with Joel to the Church of the Annunciation - which, by the way, Justin Beiber visited today (a few people from our group were at the church at the same time he was).

Now I am all packed and ready to travel - but not quite ready to say good-bye to Israel or the middle eastern culture that I have grown to love over the past three months. In any case, while everyone back at home is sleeping tonight I will be going through security at the airport. (My cross-cultural isn't ALL fun and games) :)

 It is with gratefulness for the experience I've had so far and with a prayer for peace for the people I am leaving behind that I end this stay in the Middle East. Shalom!

2 comments:

  1. I have loved reading your blog, Emily. I can't believe you are nearing the end of your semester! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily, for sharing your experience on your blog. We have enjoyed reading it. About two years ago we too were in Nazareth Village and have good memories of what you are seeing. We are praying for safe travels for you.
    Ike & Thelma

    ReplyDelete