Sunday, August 30, 2009

On my own!

First quote to think about:

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp..."
-Robert Browning

So far today I've attended my first church service at EMU, eaten Ethiopian food, said good-by to my parents, played a game of giant dutch blitz, a game of uno (I won!), visited my transition teacher's house, felt overwhelmed by the amount of people surrounding me, and crashed back in my dorm. There are still ... 3 hours of planned activites left? Yikes.

And so it begins - first assignment, first (admittedly small) crisis, first questions...first moment of deep thinking.
A man's reach should exceed his grasp. Well. I guess I'm doing what I ought to be, then.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't that go without saying? I mean, of course you can reach things physically and touch them with your fingers but not be able to grasp them. It can't really be the other way around.

    I think there are a lot of things I can touch and not grab hold of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...
    i just felt a bit like i am out of my depth here; it felt good to read that quote and think - "yes, this is how it should be. i should reach beyond what i am capable of at this moment..."

    :)

    ReplyDelete